Saturday, October 27, 2007

What they don't share in "A Baby Story."

Two quick birth related stories.

1. While we were in the hospital, my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law were kind enough to help us around the house. She had our house key, but not our garage key.  I gave her my copy of the key and returned to the hospital.  A few hours later, she called to let me know that she had thrown away our house key and locked herself out of our house. She asked, very apologetically, if I could come back to let her in the house. Unfortunately, that would have required me to face Boston rush-hour traffic out of the city, and Fenway World Series traffic coming back. Say, 6 hours of hell on wheels.  Since nobody else with the key were available, she had to go to the local hardware store to get a referral for a locksmith, who was able to break-in to our house in about 15 minutes.

2. My wonderful father, who is helping me put together the baby's room, needed to borrow car. The morning he was supposed to drive in from my brother's house, he called to inform me that the car had been stolen. I had to drive into Jamaica Plain to the police station to make a report. Boy was I surprised when they told me that the car had been towed because it had been blocking a driveway. Three hours and a trip to a tow yard later, we had the car.

Nobody told us that parenting would be like this

1 comment:

  1. Holy Crap!
    As if you didn't have enough on your hands as a new parent. Woah!
    Glad that you got the car back ok though.
    Wow!

    ReplyDelete