Friday, October 5, 2007

Airport Adventures (1 of N)

I'm in BWI right now.  I arrived at 2:50 PM for a 9 PM flight.  They wouldn't let me check in - it has to be within 6 hours of the scheduled departure, and I was there 6 hours and 10 minutes before the scheduled flight.  That 10 minutes made all the difference.  Never mind that I could have checked in 24 hours before the flight at home. No explanation from the check-in agent.

Why was I here so early? Just in case I could make dinner plans with a friend, relative, or business contact, I wanted that flexibility.  But typically I'm able to get on an earlier flight.  Not this time - three earlier flights all booked solid.  And no Crown Club to keep me occupied. Just a dearth of electrical outlets, a dead cellphone battery (sorry, honey), and a poorly laid carpeting. 

On the positive side, I was able to spend a few hours with a colleague who was heading to Florida.  Other than that, this will be a pretty long couple of hours.  Humph...

3 comments:

  1. What terminal are you in? If you are in A, there's the most wonderful wine bar there called Vino Volo or something like that. I wasted several happpy hours there a few months back.
    I also got lucky with an outlet anytime I ventured out of the main waiting areas. There were several in the hall between the terminals and the baggage claim that no one had any interest in but me.
    Sorry you're stuck in the airport -- you'll be home with your sweetie soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, this is why you have a blog.

    Don't you feel better?

    My flight out was delayed half an hour last night. We were sitting on the ground in the plane for 20 minutes before they decided to offer us any explanation. Yay!
    :P

    But now I am home from work and I have taken the flowers my beau gave me out of the fridge and the weather is beautiful and dinner is cooking on the stove and life is good. Hope a similarly restful moment is soon in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you check with Delta re: flight change? I sent you an email - they called here with an automated message. . .

    love you!

    ReplyDelete