Tuesday, August 6, 2013

IAJGS 2013 - First Reflection

It's been more than a year since I've blogged here. No time like the present to start again.

I've always wanted to attend a Jewish genealogy conference but always used cost and logistics as rationales for staying home. No excuse this time - the International Association of Jewish Genealogy Societies annual conference is in Boston this year!

I've been an avid genealogist for almost fifteen years and have a long list of personal puzzles I've grappled with. I've even solved a few. I've occasionally even supported a project with time and funds. But it has been a more or less solitary affair.

After a few days at the conference, it is clear to me that I need to be a more active contributor to this community. The question I need to ask myself: how, given all of my other commitments. This is a great problem to have - there are too many ways I'd like to be involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment